Call our team
0800 912 9987

Need advice?
Request a call

Frequent Asked Questions

We’re here to help. Can’t find an answer? Get in touch and well get back to you as soon as we can.

    How do you apply for Court of Protection?

    You do not apply for, but to the Court of Protection. You must make an application to the Court to appoint a deputy for either property and financial affairs, personal welfare, or both. You must first check you meet the relevant requirements to become a deputy. An application form and other associated forms must then be completed and submitted to the Court of Protection, along with an application fee.

    Once someone has been appointed as a deputy, they must send annual reports to the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG), containing details of all the decisions that have been made on the person's behalf, as well as explaining why these decisions have been made, and a breakdown of all income and expenditure.

    Can't find what you're looking for?

    We’re here to help. Get in touch and well get back to you as soon as we can.

    Ask for support >