Fatal accident claims
Compensation will never make up for the loss of a loved one, but in making a fatal accident claim you may be able to achieve a sense of justice.
Fatal accident claims
Coming to terms with the death of a loved one is always going to be difficult. But if the cause of death was someone else’s fault, it can be even more devastating and hard to come to terms with.
A claim can help compensate you for your loss, both financially and emotionally. The last thing you need when trying to come to terms with the death of a loved one is financial pressure and anxiety about how you will cope. A fatal accident compensation claim can help to take away the financial burden.
At CFG Law we will guide you through this process and act in a professional, sensitive and sympathetic manner at all times. We will also put you in touch with relevant support networks that can help you to start to come to terms with your loss.
We understand that compensation cannot bring your loved one back, but we can help you to hold someone accountable for your loss, and ease the financial struggle you might be facing.
How can CFG Law help with your fatal accident claim?
- Due to the sensitive nature of these claims, our solicitors can visit you and your family at home to fully discuss your fatal accident claim in an environment you feel comfortable.
- We understand that for many people, making a claim is about getting justice for a loved one and proving that someone was to blame for what happened.
- We will fully explore the accident circumstances surrounding the death of your loved one. As with all personal injury claims, we will need to prove that the accident was as a result of someone else’s failings. We have the complex legal knowledge to guide you through this process and support you and your family at this difficult time.
- We will help to signpost you to any support networks or charities.
What is included in a fatal accident claim?
Although no amount of money can bring your loved one back, making a claim can help lighten your financial burden. Claims for fatal accident compensation will include a Statutory Bereavement Award. This compensation is awarded to the family in recognition of the grief a person has gone through after the death of a loved one, as well as a financial token in recognition that the persons’ death was wrongful.
There are also other costs and expenses that can be claimed for, including:
- The pain and suffering of the deceased.
- Repayment of losses, for example, funeral expenses.
- Loss of income and financial support from the deceased.
- The cost of probate.
- Compensation for services the deceased would have performed (e.g. housework, childcare, etc.).
Inquests after a fatal accident
Sometimes an inquest will need to be held if the cause of death was sudden, violent or unknown. An inquest will consider the circumstances of the death and how it happened and is managed by a Coroner.
At CFG Law, we are here to provide you with the help and support you need during an inquest. We will be able to talk you through the process and how it works, and can also attend the inquest alongside you to offer you the legal and emotional support you need.
The Coroner who deals with your inquest will have dealt with many inquests before; they will understand your needs at this difficult time and will be considerate of your feelings.
Need some advice?Call 0800 612 8196
If you are anxious about an inquest, do not worry alone. Speak to your solicitor who will provide you with any information and help you need to continue through the process with as little as upset as possible.
What do I do next?
Our specialist solicitors are here to help you. You can call us free 24 hours a day on 0800 612 8196. Our compassionate team will be sensitive to your grief and will advise you on the best options.
All enquiries are in full confidence with no obligation. All our fatal accident claims are also taken on a no win, no fee basis, so there is no further financial stress to you in these difficult circumstances.
We are sincerely sorry for your loss and will help you to claim compensation which will allow you to move on with justice served, and support in place.
“Brilliant from day one… the whole team has supported our family through every single step of this difficult process.” J. Graham