Working at CFG Law
CFG Law is a leading serious injury practice with over 25 years’ experience in helping clients who have sustained a serious injury to claim their rightful damages. With a strong focus on early assessment and effective treatment, we employ specialist solicitors and legal executives who are passionate about the field of personal injury and who genuinely care about their clients’ needs and wellbeing.
As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to staff training, development and welfare. We believe that our employees are valuable assets and that our firm is as strong as the people we employ.
It’s important that our staff feel enthused by their work and we encourage a friendly office environment, with a challenging and interesting workload. We liaise with staff regularly and implement their suggestions for improvement. As specialist serious injury solicitors, we take pride in our reputation for providing exceptional client care and legal expertise.
We are recommended as a leading law firm by the Legal 500 and our accreditations and memberships include the Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel, APIL, MASS (the Motor Accident Solicitors Society), the Headway Panel (a directory of solicitors with proven expertise in brain injury claims) and the RoadPeace Legal Panel (helping and supporting people who have been bereaved or seriously injured as a result of a road traffic collision).
If you are interesting in joining an ethical firm, with a strong focus on client care and rehabilitation, we would be pleased to hear from you.
CFG Law is an equal opportunities employer.
Current Opportunities at CFG Law
Solicitor / Legal Executive
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor/Legal Executive with up to 5 years’ PQE to join our team.
This is a full time role working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday offering a competitive salary to start as soon as possible.
Reporting to a Senior Associate within the Practice, the Solicitor/Legal Executive will handle a Personal Injury caseload of multi-track cases up to £100k and assist Senior Associates on high value/catastrophic injury cases.
About the role:
- Manage caseload of multi-track cases up to £100k
- Manage lower value cases as required
- Assist on catastrophic injury cases
- Ensure case management system is accurate and information is kept up to date
- Support, mentor and coach team members as required
- Provide excellent service to clients at all times in line with core values
- Negotiate solutions to clients’ issues
- Draft documents which are legally effective and accurately reflect the client’s instructions
- Plan, manage and progress legal cases and transactions
- Establish and maintain effective and professional relations with clients and colleagues alike
- Keep, use and maintain accurate, complete and clear records at all times
- Initiate, plan, prioritise and manage workload to ensure timely completion to required standard
- Participate in training and development activities as required
- Maintain level of competence and legal knowledge needed to practice effectively
- At all times, act honestly and with integrity in accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements of the SRA Handbook and Code of Conduct
- Work to targets/deadlines
Important qualities and skills:
- Up to 5 years PQE with good working knowledge of Personal Injury law
- Experience of using a case management system
- Fast-track and Multi-track experience
- Claimant /Defendant experience
- Ability to work within limits of own competence and seek guidance and support
- Ability to apply understanding, critical thinking and analysis to solve problems
- Highly organised and efficient with good time management skills
- Flexible and willing to travel as required
- Full clean driving licence and own vehicle
- Clear and effective communication skills, both oral and written
About the benefits:
- 23 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (increases with service)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
- Free on-site parking
- Flu vaccinations
- Staff introduction/referral scheme
- Friendly working environment with modern work-stations and break-out areas
- Subsidised social events
- Free tea and coffee
As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to staff training, development and welfare.. W. We value our employees highly and believe that our Practice is as strong as the people we employ.
So if you have the necessary qualifications and qualities to succeed in this professional, specialist environment and feel we are the type of Practice you would enjoy working for, please apply now
by submitting your CV and covering letter FAO Helen Riley, HR Manager to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Client Liaison/Case Manager
CFG Law is a leading serious injury practice with over 25 years’ experience and Legal 500 recommended. With a strong focus on early assessment and effective treatment, we employ specialist solicitors and legal executives who are passionate about the field of serious injury and who genuinely care about their clients’ needs and wellbeing.
We are looking for an experienced Client Liaison/Case Manager to help assist our clients and their families with assessment of their needs and offer practical support, signposting and help with management of the necessary support services and treatment plans.
You will also support our fee earners in house, for example helping with more complex medical queries, helping with chronology for medical records, developing links with specialist medical experts and attending conferences as required.
The role will also involving assisting with in house events, training, exhibitions and researching and developing fruitful business relationships.
The successful candidate will have an OT, case management or nursing background in neurological injuries.
Important qualities that we are looking for include:
- A compassionate approach with excellent client care skills.
- Good organisation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of business development and PR.
- Self motivated and the ability to work independently.
- Prepared to travel nationally as business needs require.
- Team player.
A driving licence and car are important as attendance at home visits nationally and events will be required.
As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to staff training, development and welfare. We believe that our employees are valuable assets and that our firm is as strong as the people we employ. We encourage a friendly office environment and a challenging and interesting workload.
If you have the necessary qualifications and qualities to succeed in this professional, specialist environment then please apply with your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Interviews will commence as soon as possible, therefore please do not delay in applying, as we do reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if suitable candidates are found for the positions prior to the closing date.
Please note we will only respond to those applicants who are successful in being selected for interview.