Terms and Disclaimer
This is the website of CFG Law, part of the Client First Group. We are specialists in serious injury claims and accident compensation.
Head Office telephone: 0161 437 9999
Free accident advice helpline: 0800 612 8196 (open 24 hrs)
We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA number 469926. All staff are subject to rules and principles of professional conduct. For a copy of our professional rules, please see http://www.sra.org.uk/handbook
CFG Law is a trading name of Freeclaim Services Limited. Registered in England no.: 4206160. Registered office: Oakwater House, 4 Oakwater Avenue, Cheadle Royal Business Park, Cheadle, SK8 3SR.
Use of this website is subject to the following:
The content and design of these pages are subject to copyright owned by Freeclaim Services Limited. Reproduction is prohibited and you undertake not to copy, store, distribute or modify any part of this website without our prior written consent.
From time to time this website may include links to other websites. These links are to provide further information and are not intended to signify that Freeclaim Services Limited endorses such website or content. Freeclaim Services Limited has no responsibility for the content of the linked website.
You do not need to seek permission to link to any information on the CFG Law website.
CFG Law website hosting provider information: 1&1, Egendorfer, Straße 57, D-56410, Montabaur.
Subject to usual terms.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Our professional indemnity insurance has been arranged through our Broker AON. Their contact details are as follows: Aon UK Limited, The Aon Centre, The Leadenhall Building, 122 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3V 4AN. Telephone no: 020 7623 5500
Our professional indemnity insurance policy is with Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe Ltd. Their contact details are: Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe Ltd, 20 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3AW. Telephone no: 020 3758 0000
CFG Law Disclaimer
The materials contained in this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other advice. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the content of this site, CFG Law accept no responsibility for any loss, which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site.
The content of this site does not constitute legal advice, and is published as information only. You should always seek legal advice about the particular circumstances of your case.
Use our call back form to speak to one of our serious injury lawyers direct or call us on 0800 612 8196.
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our starting point is that if you need to make a complaint, we have not communicated with you as well as we would like. We would like to apologise for this, and we undertake to do our best to resolve your concerns.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Nicola Hughes. You can contact her at CFG Law, Oakwater House, 4 Oakwater Avenue, Cheadle Royal Business Park, Cheadle, SK8 3SR. Telephone: 0161 437 9999 Fax: 0161 436 3332 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint. We may also ask you to confirm or explain the details. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can normally expect to receive our letter within three working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
- We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgement letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to hear from us within three working days of your reply, or within five days of our initial acknowledgement.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps:
- We may ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within five days of our initial acknowledgement.
- We may examine their reply and the information in your complaint file. We may then ask for more information. This will take up to three days from receiving their reply and the file.
- We may contact you to arrange a meeting. The reason for this meeting would be to clarify any issues which are not fully explained.
- The Managing Director of CFG Law may reply to your complaint within five days of our initial acknowledgement.
Whichever step (or combination of steps) is followed, our reply will address the issues you have raised and will ensure a response is provided to the points you have raised. Our reply will include suggestions for resolving your concerns. If we need to make further enquiries (for example, if your file has been stored off-site) we may need to extend the time by which we will respond.
5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- The member of staff dealing with your complaint will review his/her own decision within five days.
- We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it. They will do this within ten days.
- The Managing Director of CFG Law will review your complaint within ten days.
- We may arrange a meeting with you, if one has not already taken place.
- We will ask our local Law Society or another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint within five days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.
6. We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Contact details for the Legal Ombudsman are:
Address: PO Box 15870, Birmingham, B30 9EB.
Helpline: 0300 555 0333 Website: www.legalombudsman.org.uk
The Legal Ombudsman will normally investigate complaints within 1 year from the act/omission complained of or 1 year from you realising the cause of the complaint. You must also refer the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of the date of our written response to you. The Legal Ombudsman has discretion to extend this time limit in certain circumstances.
Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Portal
If you are a client and we have made a contract with you by electronic means (website, email, etc.) you may be entitled to use an EU online dispute resolution service to assist with any contractual dispute you may have with us. This service may be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
About our people
We use the word Partner to refer to senior lawyers or employees with equivalent standing. Not all of our lawyers are solicitors. Information about any individuals professional status will be provided on request.
Under anti-money laundering legislation we are obliged to confirm the identity of individuals before accepting new instructions, and to review this from time to time. To avoid the need to request detailed identity information from you, we use approved external services which review publicly available information on companies and individuals. However, should those checks, for any reason, fail adequately to confirm identity, we may write to you to ask for identification evidence. If you do not provide satisfactory evidence or information within a reasonable time, we may have to stop acting for you.
At CFG Law, we’re here to help and provide ongoing support for you and your family. If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury and would like to discuss making a claim and how we can help with early treatment and rehabilitation, contact us at any time on 0800 612 8196.