Call our team
0800 912 9987

Need advice?
Request a call

Changing solicitors

At CFG Law, we are catastrophic and serious injury solicitors who provide legal advice together with financial, physical and emotional support.

If you already have a compensation claim ongoing with another solicitor and you are unhappy with the support you are receiving or the way your claim is being handled, you can speak to us about your concerns. We can provide you with free advice and guidance on how you may be able to resolve any problems you are experiencing.

If you are still unhappy with the service you are receiving from your current solicitor, we can review your case free of charge, and if we can help, we will make arrangements for your claim to be transferred to CFG Law.

Whether your claim is at the beginning or close to settlement, you have the right to move your case to another serious injury solicitors. Likewise, if your solicitor is no longer able to help you, you have a choice about which solicitor you transfer your case to. It is a common misunderstanding that a person cannot change solicitors, or that it will be difficult or expensive. This is not the case. We regularly have cases transferred to us and commonly take over many claims started by other firms.

Call us now for a FREE consultation: 0800 988 7053

Speak to a Specialist >

Common reasons for changing solicitors

There are many different reasons and circumstances where it may be necessary to change your solicitor. The most common reasons that people transfer their cases to us include:

  • Concerns over the experience of their solicitor and/or the firm. You should always choose a solicitor who specialises in serious injury claims and has experience dealing with your specific injuries and accident circumstances.
  • Poor levels of service and communication. This can include not keeping you up to date with where your claim is up to, having to chase your solicitor for information or not receiving the levels of service you expect.
  • Lack of focus on the injured person’s needs and wellbeing. Your solicitor should provide you with all the support you and your family need. They should assist you in accessing any treatment and rehabilitation you need and help you to achieve your best outcome.
  • Losing confidence in your solicitor and the advice they give you. If you are not sure about the information they are giving you or you feel like it’s not correct, you should always get a second opinion from another specialist solicitor.
  • Feeling as though there are unnecessary delays in your case or there is a lack of progress. Your solicitor should work proactively to push your case forward, and not just work to deadlines put in place by others.

What happens if your case is being transferred to another company?

In some circumstances, your current solicitor may advise you your claim is being transferred to another company. This may be because the personal injury department or firm is closing down or has been bought out (amalgamated) with another company.

It is important to remember that it is your choice which firm of solicitors you would like to continue with your claim. You should research reputable, serious injury solicitors and chose a firm who is right for you and not necessarily stay with the new firm or company that has been recommended.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I change solicitors during a serious injury claim? plus symbol minus symbol

Yes. If your claim is ongoing and you’re unhappy with the service that is being provided by your current solicitor, you are under no obligation to remain with them. You can transfer your claim to another solicitor if you wish at no cost. At CFG Law, we can provide free advice and guidance on any issues you may be facing and review your case for you.

Is it difficult to transfer my claim to another firm? plus symbol minus symbol

Transfering a claim to another firm is simple. Once you have found the right solicitor for you and they have agreed to take on your claim, all you need to do is sign a form of authority stating you are happy for the file to be transferred to them. If you wish to transfer your case to CFG Law, we will speak to your current solicitor on your behalf and make all the relevant arrangements for your file to be sent over to us.

How much will it cost to transfer my claim? plus symbol minus symbol

It should not cost you anything to transfer your claim. We provide a free consultation to review your claim and will advise you on what to do next. This advice is completely confidential with no obligation to continue with any transfer. If you decide to transfer your claim, your new solicitor will make an agreement to pay any outstanding charges on the file from the insurers once your claim has settled. All our cases are taken on a no win no fee basis, so there’s no financial risk to you. If your claim is unsuccessful, you won’t have to pay us a penny.

I’m unhappy with the communication from my solicitor, is this enough to transfer my claim? plus symbol minus symbol

Yes. If your solicitor is not keeping you up to date with progress, or you believe they are not working adequately on your claim, you can seek advice from another solicitor. We can advise you about the process and what you should expect and give a second opinion about the service you are receiving from your current solicitor. The Solicitors Regulation Authority regulates solicitors in England and Wales, and they expect solicitors to respond to their clients quickly and efficiently, so if this is not the case you have the right to transfer your case to another solicitor.

My solicitor is pushing me to settle my claim, but I don’t agree with the settlement figure plus symbol minus symbol

There are many things which need to be taken into account when valuing a claim. These can range from the amount you will receive in compensation for the injury itself, to the amount lost in earnings and the cost of any specialist support and treatment you may need now and in the future.

Your solicitor should address all of these things and fight for the maximum amount of compensation available to you. If you feel your solicitor has not given full consideration to all aspects of your claim, one of our solicitors can review your claim for you and provide advice. If we believe your claim has been mishandled and undervalued, we can take over conduct of your claim and fully investigate this. Our specialist serious injury solicitors will be able to talk you through the figure and decide if this is a fair settlement or not.

My solicitor has missed my limitation date, what can I do now? plus symbol minus symbol

If your solicitor has missed your limitation date, or made any other mistake with your claim, they have a duty to inform you of this. If this is the case you should get independent legal advice. In the event that a limitation date has been missed, we can request a transfer of your claim and attempt to continue proceedings on your behalf. If this cannot be done, we can file a professional negligence claim against the solicitor who was handling your claim. This would enable you to claim the compensation you would have received had they not missed the limitation date.

Transferring your claim - Why choose CFG Law?

 As well as the expertise you would expect when recovering compensation after a serious injury, we also provide all round support for you and your family and help you to achieve your best outcomes.

We have an excellent track record of taking over and settling claims that other solicitors have rejected or turned down, or where clients have been unhappy with the way their claim is continuing. We can guide you through the process of your claim, ensuring you are kept updated and fully informed throughout. As an independent firm of solicitors with over 30 years’ experience, you can be assured that we only act in your best interests.

We pull together with you and your family to support you with expert legal advice, financial assistance including benefits advice and emergency funds, physical help with early intervention for treatment, rehabilitation and therapies, as well as emotional and physical support for the whole family.

Speak to a Specialist >

Helping in action

Find out how we have worked together to support our clients and their families throughout their recovery:

Your injury

The nature of serious and catastrophic injuries is such that in order to help, specialist expertise is essential. With over 30 years’ experience, we have dealt with transfer cases that include:

Your accident

Accidents can happen at any time, and we understand how suddenly you and your family's needs can change after a serious injury. Some common types of accidents that lead to serious and catastrophic injuries include:

See how we can help >
See how we can help >

What our clients have to say

We're here to support you and your family, whatever life throws your way. Take a look at what some of our other clients have said about our Client First Service
Feefo logo

Thanks to Diane!!

I am beyond grateful, Diane, my caseworker at CFG Law! They helped me in the process of my personal injury claim and worked tirelessly to get my claim settled. Diane is always professional and ...

Jermaine Brooks


I would most certainly recommend CFG Law

I found Sara Ouko (who had my case) to be excellent in every aspect of my claim, She took care of not only my legal matters but also made sure that I was looked after in all aspects of my case, ...

Christopher Board


Great communication and service

Dealt with my claim professionally, with sympathy and continually updating me with advice and care. It takes time, which is to be expected for a satisfactory outcome. I would recommend their ...

Lucy Levett

Accreditations & achievements

Our award-winning business has over 30 years’ experience, and is proud to be recognised by a number of expert organisations.

Our offices

Our serious injury solicitors help clients and families across the country.

We are a national digital business and have offices across the UK, working with you and your family at locations that suit your needs.

Speak to one of our expert serious injury solicitors for a free consultation.

Speak to a Specialist >
Our offices - UK map

Contact us

Speak to one of our expert serious injury solicitors for a free consultation

0800 988 7072

Alternatively, simply fill out the form and one of our team will get in touch at a time that suits you.

At CFG Law, we take a different approach to serious injury claims. Our goal is to help you or your loved one get access to early treatment, comprehensive rehabilitation, and ongoing support. Our services go beyond expert legal advice to focus on your specific needs:

  • We work with medical professionals to get the best treatment for you
  • Our team will help you to access early and emergency funding
  • We also provide support for ongoing rehabilitation and care

Fill in your details to arrange a call