For advice call 0800 612 8196

Farm accident claims

The farming and agriculture industry is one of the most dangerous in the UK when it comes to accidents at work. Due to the machinery and dangerous tasks that need to be undertaken on farms and in agricultural settings, accidents often result in serious, life-changing injuries.
Speak to us

or call 0800 612 8196

Feefo logo

sia-trusted Headway-banner-icon SteelBones-banner-icon MTSP

No hidden fees – we focus on outcomes, not profits


Helping you and your family after a farm accident

Claiming compensation after a farm accident is not just about being compensated for the pain and suffering you have experienced because of your injuries but also to help alleviate financial stresses you might be experiencing as a result of being unable to work, as well as to pay for specialist treatment and rehabilitation.

We're specialists in serious injury compensation claims but we also offer so much more than law. We have a full wraparound service, including from our clinically trained rehabilitation and support coordinators who can help you to achieve your best possible outcome.


There are no hidden costs and we don’t claw back shortfall fees, meaning you keep more of your compensation


Dedicated rehabilitation & support coordinators to help you access the specialist help you need


Our client stories

Empowering people to rebuild their lives

Claire* was out walking with her husband and family dogs, when a herd of cows who were in a field with their calves stampeded and crushed them. Claire sustained a spinal cord injury, and her husband was sadly killed in the incident. We’ve worked together with the defendant insurers to put in place extensive support for Claire to give her the best independence possible.

Client Stories

Our support

How we can help you

We're specialists - we only do injury-related law, which means you can be sure you're receiving expert guidance and advice.

Why choose us?

Caroline Trinder

Rehabilitation and Support Lead

Our rehabilitation and support coordinators

We have a dedicated team of rehabilitation and support coordinators, who all have a background in health and social care, on hand to help you with our full wraparound support.

  • Specialist support at the earliest stage, alongside your legal team
  • Plugging any gaps in the care you're receiving
  • Emergency fund to pay for initial care, aids and equipment
  • Collaborative working with your treating team to get you home safely
  • Psychological support and arranging counselling
  • Exploring grants and funding options available to you

Our Process

Guiding people through the legal process

You might be worried about making a claim against your employer if you've sustained injuries in an accident at work. However, your employer cannot dismiss you for making a claim. We're here to help you make a claim and will deal with everything for you. 

Free meeting without the need to go ahead with a claim
We’ll come to see you face to face wherever you feel comfortable to find out more about you and your family, what you’re worried about and how we can start helping you. We’ll also talk to you about how your case can be funded, so you’ll have peace of mind and reassurance that making a claim won’t cost you money, even if your claim isn’t successful. We don’t believe in taking money off injured people like some other firms, so there are no hidden charges
Introduce our Rehabilitation and Support Team
Once we understand what’s worrying you, our Rehabilitation and Support Team will be in touch to understand more about your needs and to help you access the urgent support you need. The team include health and social care professionals who can help to plug any gaps in your care. They’re on hand to help with discharge planning and making sure you have everything you need to go home safely. We’ve also got an emergency fund to help pay for any initial care, aids and equipment you might need.
Contact the other side to get the ball rolling
We’ll send a letter of claim to the defendant insurers—this is basically a letter telling them what’s happened and why we think they’re responsible. It’s important we make contact with the defendant insurers as soon as possible to make sure your claim can move forward without any delays. They’re allowed time to look into what’s happened and tell us if they admit they’re to blame, they think they’re partly to blame, or they deny blame all together. Sometimes, there’s no response at all. However, while they’re doing this, we’ll be working with them to try and get funding for private rehabilitation to help your recovery from the very beginning of the claim.
Asking for interim payments
You might be worried about the impact your injuries have had on you and money worries if you can’t work. While steps one to three are ongoing, we’ll also be asking the defendant insurers for interim payments. These are payments that you get as soon as possible before your case has settled that can help pay for any suggested treatment, help with any financial worries you might have about paying your rent or mortgages, or paying bills, and to put in place a full treating and care team, helping to make sure you achieve your best possible outcome.
Gathering evidence
Next, we’ll start gathering the evidence. This could be to help prove that the other person involved was to blame (known as liability) and medical evidence to show what injuries you have, that these injuries were caused by the incident and how they’ve affected your life (known as causation and quantum). Liability evidence could be CCTV or police reports, and medical evidence includes your hospital or GP records, as well as reports from medical experts who specialise in your injuries.
Getting you the rehabilitation you need
As we carry on gathering all the information to build your case, we’ll be working alongside professionals who are specialists in your injuries to look at how we can support you and get you the best recovery possible. We do this by organising the highest quality rehabilitation and treatment for your specific needs. We’ll keep working with the defendant insurers to get all this funded for you while your claim is still ongoing so that you don’t have to wait.
Working out how much your claim is worth
After gathering all the evidence, we’ll also calculate how much your claim should be worth. We’ll look at what losses you’ve had since your injuries including from not being able to work, as well as any losses you’ll experience in the future. We’ll also think about all the things you’ll need now and in time to come, including things like care packages, treatment, aids, equipment, changing your home so it works better for you, and any number of others things that might be important to you (for example getting back to a hobby you love or sourcing an adapted holiday home for you to enjoy time with your family).
Fighting for your best possible outcome
Throughout your whole case we’ll be negotiating with the defendants—whether it’s to get them to accept they’re to blame, agree to release some interim payments to help with your recovery or discussing how much compensation you should get. We’ll always fight for your best possible outcomes.
Lifelong support
Even after your case has settled, we’re still here for you. Our specialist Court of Protection team can help you if your family member can’t manage their own affairs anymore, or we can set up a Personal Injury Trust to make sure you can still claim the benefits you need. We’re also here to help with financial advice to make sure your compensation lasts you for the rest of your life.


Frequently asked questions

Here are the answers to a few of the questions we get asked regularly. But if you have any other questions, please get in touch. We're here to help.

See all FAQ's

Can I still make a compensation claim even if I’m self-employed?

If you are self-employed and you become injured in a farming accident, you may still be able to claim compensation. If you are contracted by one particular company on a long-term basis, they may be responsible for keeping you safe whilst at work.

If another company manages the farm where you have been contracted to work, and that company fails to implement the correct safety procedures and training, you may be able to claim compensation. Whether you can claim will be on a case-by-case basis, so it’s best to speak to a specialist solicitor who will be able to advise you.

Contact us for advice: 0800 612 8196

I was injured using farm/agricultural machinery. Can I make a compensation claim?

Your employer should do all they can to keep you safe at work, and this includes ensuring any farming equipment or machinery you are using for your job is safe too. This includes ensuring that any farm machinery and equipment is maintained correctly and is in good condition, including regularly inspecting all machinery to ensure it’s in good working order and quickly repairing any machinery that isn’t working correctly. They should also provide you with proper training for the machinery being used and provide any safety equipment and guards.

Contact us for advice: 0800 612 8196

How long do I have to make a farm accident compensation claim?

If you’ve been injured in an accident whilst working on a farm, you have three years from the date of the accident to bring a claim. There are some circumstances where this can be extended (such as if someone is under 18 years old, or they lose capacity to make decisions themselves), but you should always speak to an expert as soon as possible after an accident.

Contact us for advice: 0800 612 8196

Will I lose my job if I try and claim compensation from my employer?

No, your employer cannot sack you for making a claim for compensation. By law, any farmers must have insurance that will cover them should one of their workers become injured and make a claim. It is this insurance policy that will pay out any compensation, rather than your employer themselves.

Contact us for advice: 0800 612 8196

Can I make a no win no fee claim?

Yes, all our claims are taken on a no win no fee, meaning you don’t need to worry about the financial costs of claiming compensation. Speak to one of our specialist solicitors who will be able to explain how no win no fee claims work and answer any questions you may have.

Contact us for advice: 0800 612 8196

What farm accidents can I claim compensation for?

Due to the seasonality of the industry, many farms use temporary staff, which can lead to a lower level of training and a lapse in health and safety. Many types of farm accidents can cause injury to workers in the agriculture industry, which include, but are not limited to:

  • Accidents involving farm machinery, such as tractors, combine harvesters or forklift trucks.
  • Accidents with animals and dangerous livestock.
  • Injury caused by falling from a height on a farm or by falling objects on agricultural sites.
  • Farm vehicle accidents, e.g., collisions.
  • Accidents involving heavy farm equipment, such as slurry storage units and silos.
  • Fatal farm accidents.
  • Injury caused by hazardous substances.
  • Accidents caused by a lack of safety equipment or by inadequate training.
  • Serious head injuries.
  • Serious spinal injury caused by farm accidents.
  • Slips and trips on farms and farmland.

It is not only employees who may sustain injury and are entitled to make a claim. Visitors to a farm who sustain injuries or those who live or travel along the perimeter of a farm may also be able to make a claim if they are injured in an accident that was not their fault.

Contact us for advice: 0800 612 8196

How much is my farm accident claim worth?

Serious injury claims are valued on lots of different things. This includes the amount for the injury itself and the pain and suffering you have experienced, any loss of earnings and to pay for specialist treatment, care and rehabilitation, and funding aids, adaptation and modifications to help with your recovery, mobility and independence.

Our specialist farm accident solicitors have vast experience in helping people to claim compensation after serious life-changing injuries, including:

Contact us for advice: 0800 612 8196

What can a farm accident compensation claim help fund?

There are lots of different things that a farm accident compensation claim can fund, above and beyond compensating you for the injury itself. Here are just some of the things that you can claim for after a farm accident:

  • Any loss of earnings due to you being unable to work or unable to return to your previous job.
  • Help to pay off any debts you may have accrued since your injury as a result of paying for specialist treatment, or because of a loss of earnings.
  • Travel costs, such as taxis, fuel and parking to attend hospital or therapy appointments.
  • Treatment, support and rehabilitation to assist with your recovery.
  • Counselling input to help to address any psychological symptoms you may have experienced as a result of your injuries.
  • Private surgery costs or to fund ongoing treatment.
  • To make adaptations and alterations to your home to improve your mobility or pay for a more appropriate home.
  • Purchase and maintain any mobility aids you may need now or in the future.
  • Vocational support to help you return to work or enjoy your previous hobbies.

Contact us for advice: 0800 612 8196

Get in touch

Request a callback,
or call 0800 612 8196