Want to do things differently and make a real difference by helping those affected by injury every day? Then CFG is just the place for you.
We are currently looking to offer a number of Paralegal opportunities to qualified law graduates who have a commitment to a career in Serious and Catastrophic Injury and want to achieve the best results for their clients. This is an opportunity to join our growing firm in September 2024, working flexibly from home and one of our offices in Warwick, Manchester City Centre or Cheadle.
We do things differently at CFG. We put outcomes before profit. We don’t take unnecessary deductions like shortfall from settlements because we believe that those affected by injury should keep their damages.
This role requires someone who is passionate and client focused, and will work as part of a team to carry out case handling and administrative duties, supporting qualified fee earners in progressing personal and serious injury cases, and assisting the Private Client Department.
We pride ourselves on investing in our colleagues, demonstrated through our Investors In People Gold Standard accreditation. We’re also recognised by Best Companies as one of the best law firms in the country to work for, we have a flexible hybrid working policy, a genuine team-working culture and are committed to helping colleagues develop their careers.
We offer a competitive starting salary based on experience along with a wide range of benefits including 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), hybrid working, Medicash Healthcare Plan and a Colleague Recognition Scheme.
Subject to commitment, performance and potential, and where a business need is identified, the Paralegal will have the opportunity to undertake a period of recognised training on our SQE Training Programme
- Case handling duties assisting fee earners with progression of varied caseload
- Liaising with clients and medical professionals, over the phone, through video conferencing and in writing
- Analysis of medical reports/notes obtaining experts opinion/advice as and when necessary
- Drafting/preparing legal documents within set guidelines
- Dealing with new enquiries, investigating new claims and offering appropriate legal advice to clients
- Ensuring case management system is accurate and up to date
- Undertaking legal research as required
- Supporting team members with their workload as required
- Excellent communication skills and a professional telephone/video manner
- Excellent client-care skills e.g. empathy, understanding, resilience
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work well within a team but also independently on own initiative
- Possess a keen interest in personal and serious injury
- Flexibility to work across CFG offices as required; reasonable commuting distance to at least one of our offices
- Experience in Personal Injury Law
- A full driving licence and car as occasional home visits to clients may be required
- Qualifying Law degree and/or Legal Practice Course would be an advantage.
- No previous experience as a Paralegal is necessary but would be beneficial.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in a career in serious injury and working for CFG.
Salary: £20-24k DOE
Why join us?
We support your career ambitions and develop your skills and expertise.
Colleagues have the autonomy and flexibility to work in a way that’s best for them and the business from both home and office.
Our caseloads are kept smaller than a lot of other firms, meaning we focus more time and energy on each client, without compromising on our service.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & profit share
- Min. 25 days holiday
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Enhanced sick pay
- Inclusive family friendly policies
- Recognition schemes