Early Treatment and Intervention in Serious Injury Claims
The main concerns for the injured person and their family after a serious injury are most importantly about wellbeing and recovery, and the impact this traumatic event is going to have.
Recovering from a serious, life changing injury can be extremely difficult. Early treatment can go a long way to aiding your recovery and helping you to overcome day-to-day tasks.
It is widely accepted that early decisive intervention into a person’s care and treatment given by the best experts in their fields will give that person, both the best chance of recovery and the best overall outcome in terms of their quality of life.
Speed really is of the utmost importance when dealing with complex serious injuries. Studies demonstrate that the sooner an injured person starts on a programme of treatment, the quicker their recovery will be, and the more effective the recovery will be too. Therefore it is our aim to make sure that a programme of support is put into place as soon as possible.
Our unique approach to serious injury and treatment and support
We advocate early intervention for injured people with a person-centred approach.
Our aim is to help our clients to achieve the best possible recovery, independence and to regain as much of their former life as possible. Therefore our priority is to help access funding for early and comprehensive treatment and support, using the claims process as a vehicle to do this.
As well as treatment and rehabilitation, we will also assist with funding for aids, adaptations, equipment, care, loss of earnings and other expenses.
We also work with like-minded organisations who will provide the best treatment for you and ensure you are receiving the early treatment and rehabilitation you need to ensure you make the best recovery possible.
There are few people in either the medical or legal profession who would ever argue that an injured person is benefitted by the delay or reduction of key treatment. Unfortunately, despite this knowledge however, such decisive treatment and rehabilitation often does not happen, particular for those who have suffered serious and life-changing injuries.
With major shortfalls in NHS and local authority funding, it is unlikely that a severely injured person will get the optimum level of care and treatment, and more importantly early treatment, through public services.
Choosing the right solicitor can make all the difference. The process of making a compensation claim with the right solicitor should allow for an absolute focus on early medical assessment and treatment to ensure the injured person gets the best outcome in terms of recovery and their overall wellbeing.
At CFG Law, we have the resources and experience to ensure that you have access to the best medical experts and support services almost immediately, who will put in place a bespoke programme of treatment and support.
Call us on 0800 612 8196 (open 24 hours a day) or contact our serious injury solicitors online to find out how we can help you and your family.
Positive action and a focus on early intervention
At CFG Law, our absolute focus in all serious injury claims is on early recovery and we will take matters into our own hands to help you with this.
- We will look to quickly instruct a specially chosen medical expert to assess you and recommend treatment options.
- This early and very specialist medical assessment also gives an immediate advantage when looking at early funding options. It allows for earlier solution and many advantages, not least that it helps you on an early assessment and treatment path.
- When armed with such detailed treatment recommendations at a very early stage, we can make clear and concise arguments to the other side for releasing interim payments (an interim payment is an advance on your compensation which can help with funding treatment and other needs) from the Defendant insurance company.
- It also means that you and your family, as well as ourselves, have the tools to approach the NHS, specifically, the teams supporting the doctors and experts who have provided their treatment recommendations and help move you up the public service waiting list with a clear treatment plan in hand.
- This combined with the services of our Client Support team, will enable us to look at other funding options and signposting to specific services.
- We can also help with funding or part funding of certain treatment ourselves.
- The benefit of early treatment and intervention can be wide ranging. In some cases it may simply mean you can get back to work more quickly and be able to support your family. In others it could mean regaining the ability to walk or communicate without aids or equipment.
A common problem where treatment is delayed is that during the period of delay, the injured person often picks up bad habits in terms of movement and posture, for example. These habits can take months to break down before real treatment begins and when you have limited funding this period of pre-treatment can have a heavy impact on funds available.
Early intervention prevents these habits being formed, meaning that treatment can start at its most effectiveness instantly, making the best made of the funds available, with the optimum conclusion being achieved.
When choosing a solicitor, not only should you and your family feel comfortable with the person you are instructing, you should also ensure they have the legal credentials and experience. Solicitors who have shown the necessary experience in assisting people with claims for brain injury and other serious injuries will generally have been accredited, have pro-active working agreements with other expert medical professionals and work closely with charities that support families living with the survivors of catastrophic injury.
However in serious injury claims in particular, it is clear to everyone that early intervention in the treatment of an injured person is absolutely key and solicitors are obligated to the client, both professionally and morally to do their best for them.
Therefore crucially when choosing a solicitor, you should also ensure they can demonstrate their focus on early rehabilitation and treatment and a commitment to finding early solutions to provide you and your loved ones with the best quality of life possible.
At CFG Law, we recognise the importance of early intervention and treatment and our focus is on putting our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. We have a proactive and pioneering rehabilitation strategy, ensuring that our clients’ physical and emotional wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do.
To find out how we can help, call our serious injury team today at any time (24 hours a day) on 0800 612 8196.