Want to do things differently and make a real difference by helping those affected by injury every day? Then CFG is just the place for you.
We currently have a vacancy for a Legal Assistant to join our growing team in Cheadle who would be responsible for delivering a comprehensive and efficient support service to Fee Earners within the firm.
We do things differently at CFG. We put outcomes before profit. We don’t take unnecessary deductions like shortfall from settlements because we believe that those affected by injury should keep their damages.
The role requires someone who is proactive and flexible, and can work as part of a team to provide day to day secretarial and legal support, which includes; the production of correspondence and documentation; dealing with assigned tasks on the case management system; paper and digital file management.
We pride ourselves on investing in our colleagues, demonstrated through our Investors In People Gold Standard accreditation. We’re also recognised by Best Companies as one of the best law firms in the country to work for, we have a flexible hybrid working policy, a genuine team-working culture and are committed to helping colleagues develop their careers.
We offer a competitive starting salary based on experience along with a wide range of benefits including 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), hybrid working, Medicash Healthcare Plan and a Colleague Recognition Scheme.
- Managing the Incoming Documentation for the fee earning teams, re-naming, categorising and distributing documents in line with the Incoming Documentation Procedure for post and emails into centralised mailboxes
- Downloading, bundling and pagination of medical records and other documentation
- Attending & liaising with clients, providing support and assistance in a professional and friendly manner, in line with our Client First Service
- To action and progress assigned tasks on the case management system
- Supporting other team members and the Office Assistants with their duties as and when required
- Experience in Personal Injury Law
- Excellent communication skills and a professional telephone manner
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word (advanced), Outlook & Excel (basic)
- Experience of using a case management system
- Ability to work well within a team but also proactively on own initiative
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Experience of using digital dictation and Speech Recognition Software
English Language GCSE Grade B or above, or equivalent
Why join us?
We support your career ambitions and develop your skills and expertise.
Colleagues have the autonomy and flexibility to work in a way that’s best for them and the business from both home and office.
Our caseloads are kept smaller than a lot of other firms, meaning we focus more time and energy on each client, without compromising on our service.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & profit share
- Min. 25 days holiday
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Enhanced sick pay
- Inclusive family friendly policies
- Recognition schemes