Want to do things differently and make a real difference by helping those affected by injury every day? Then CFG is just the place for you.
We are currently recruiting Serious Injury Solicitors/Legal Executives 1-5 yrs PQE to join our growing firm, covering the Midlands and Thames Valley and working flexibly from home, our Warwick office and consulting offices in Oxford and Birmingham, who would handle a personal injury caseload of multi-track cases and to assist more senior fee earners with high value/catastrophic injury cases.
We do things differently at CFG. We put outcomes before profit. We don’t take unnecessary deductions like shortfall from settlements because we believe that those affected by injury should keep their damages.
We are one of the few law firms who are Trusted Legal Partners of the Spinal Injuries Association in more than one region. We work with our partners and aim to lead change in the sector and beyond to improve the lives of people living with serious and catastrophic injury.
We pride ourselves on investing in our colleagues, demonstrated through our Investors In People Gold Standard accreditation. We’re also recognised by Best Companies as one of the best law firms in the country to work for, we have a flexible hybrid working policy, a genuine team-working culture and are committed to helping colleagues develop their careers.
- Manage own caseload of multi-track cases and lower value cases as required.
- Assist more senior fee earners with high value/catastrophic injury cases.
- Delegate tasks, supervise work and provide constructive feedback where appropriate to paralegals and trainees.
- Provide excellent service to clients at all times in line with core values and Client First Service.
- Maintain a level of competence and legal knowledge needed to practice effectively and participate in training and development activities as required.
- Ensure the case management system is accurate and information is kept up to date.
- Consider all aspects of the case management system and initiate and suggest improvements to current procedures.
- Proactively resolve and negotiate solutions to clients’ issues.
- Participate in Business Development activities and help build the firm’s reputation in the external marketplace.
- Build and develop professional networks and relationships in the local region.
- Good working knowledge of Personal Injury law and claimant experience.
- Fast-track and Multi-track experience.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in using a case management system.
- Flexible to work across CFG offices and travel within the UK as required.
- Excellent client care skills.
- Self-motivating with the ability to work independently.
- Passionate and committed to helping those affected by injury.
- Ability to build professional networks and develop relationships externally.
- Experience in Business Development (desirable).
- Qualified Solicitor status or equivalent
- Full driving licence and own car
Location: Midlands, Oxford, Birmingham
Salary: Up to £60k, dependant on experience
Why join us?
We support your career ambitions and develop your skills and expertise.
Colleagues have the autonomy and flexibility to work in a way that’s best for them and the business from both home and office.
Our caseloads are kept smaller than a lot of other firms, meaning we focus more time and energy on each client, without compromising on our service.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & profit share
- Min. 24 days holiday
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Enhanced sick pay
- Inclusive family friendly policies
- Recognition schemes