For advice call 0800 612 8196

Frequently asked questions

We're here to help. Can't find an answer? Get in touch and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Can I claim compensation if I witnessed a violent crime?

You might be able to claim compensation if you witnessed a violent crime.

The CICA can make compensation awards to someone who witnessed a loved one being attacked. This is known as a “secondary victim” claim.

A secondary victim is someone who has sustained a mental injury due to being present at or witnessing a crime of violence.

To claim secondary victim compensation, you must have witnessed the incident first hand or have seen the immediate aftermath. Also, there needs to be a close connection of love and affection between you and the person who was attacked.

Start your claim today: 0800 988 7057

Our phone lines are open 24/7. Speak to one of our expert serious injury solicitors to see how we can help you and your family - No win no fee.

Speak to us

Related questions

Get in touch

Request a callback,
or call 0800 612 8196