For advice call 0800 612 8196

Frequently asked questions

We're here to help. Can't find an answer? Get in touch and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Can you come out of the Court of Protection?

If someone regains capacity to make decisions themselves, they will no longer require a deputy to act on their behalf. The person who has regained capacity will need to get evidence from a medical expert to prove that they can now make decisions for themselves. An application can then be made to the Court of Protection for the deputy to be discharged. The person will then be able to manage their own affairs again as normal.

Start your claim today: 0800 988 7057

Our phone lines are open 24/7. Speak to one of our expert serious injury solicitors to see how we can help you and your family - No win no fee.

Speak to us

Related questions

Get in touch

Request a callback,
or call 0800 612 8196