For advice call 0800 612 8196

Frequently asked questions

We're here to help. Can't find an answer? Get in touch and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

How do you apply for Court of Protection?

You do not apply for, but to the Court of Protection. You must make an application to the Court to appoint a deputy for either property and financial affairs, personal welfare, or both. You must first check you meet the relevant requirements to become a deputy. An application form and other associated forms must then be completed and submitted to the Court of Protection, along with an application fee.

Once someone has been appointed as a deputy, they must send annual reports to the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG), containing details of all the decisions that have been made on the person's behalf, as well as explaining why these decisions have been made, and a breakdown of all income and expenditure.

Start your claim today: 0800 988 7057

Our phone lines are open 24/7. Speak to one of our expert serious injury solicitors to see how we can help you and your family - No win no fee.

Speak to us

Related questions

Get in touch

Request a callback,
or call 0800 612 8196