For advice call 0800 612 8196

Frequently asked questions

We're here to help. Can't find an answer? Get in touch and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Is there financial support available to help pay for these fees?

If the person you're appointed as deputy for is in receipt of certain means-tested benefits or has an income under £12,000, you can apply for an exemption or reduction to the fees you have to pay to the Court of Protection and OPG.

The costs associated with the appointment of a professional deputy and the ongoing management fees can be recoverable as part of a personal injury claim. As these costs could be incurred for the whole of the person's life, they can substantially contribute to any final settlement received.

There are strict rules on what a professional deputy can charge for managing a person's financial affairs if their estate is below a certain amount.

Start your claim today: 0800 988 7057

Our phone lines are open 24/7. Speak to one of our expert serious injury solicitors to see how we can help you and your family - No win no fee.

Speak to us

Related questions

Get in touch

Request a callback,
or call 0800 612 8196