For advice call 0800 612 8196

Frequently asked questions

We're here to help. Can't find an answer? Get in touch and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's the small claims court?

In March 2021, there was an overhaul of the legal industry and how personal injury claims are processed. As a result of these changes, any road traffic collision claims where damages for pain and suffering are under £5,000 should be dealt with through the small claims system.

This means that generally, anyone making a car crash compensation claim valued under £5,000 can no longer claim their legal fees from the defendant insurers. Often these types of claims include injuries such as whiplash, simple fractures, cuts and bruises sustained in car crashes.

These changes do not mean you can’t claim for these types of injuries, but that you should process the claim yourself rather than pay for legal representation. You can start your claim yourself through the official injury claim website here -

You can also find out more about these reforms on the Government website here -

Unfortunately, we cannot represent you in a small claim or whiplash road traffic collision claim.

Start your claim today: 0800 988 7057

Our phone lines are open 24/7. Speak to one of our expert serious injury solicitors to see how we can help you and your family - No win no fee.

Speak to us

Related questions

Get in touch

Request a callback,
or call 0800 612 8196